Thursday, February 1, 2007

Cleaning Old and Dirty Grout

A few months ago I was so sick of the dingy grout around the shower and all the tiles in the bathroom (my bathroom is from the 50s and is 2/3rds avocado-colored tile). So what I did was got some rolls of paper towels, soaked them in a solution of a lot of bleach and a lot of water (probably way too much bleach) and slapped the wet towels on the walls. They stuck cause they were wet. Then periodically all day I would take a spray bottle and dampen the towels some more so they would continue to stick on the walls.

You know, this may seem dangerous to some but when I took the paper towels off the grout was soooo much whiter it was amazing.

Good luck to you if you try this at home! May I suggest a gas-mask?

1 comment:

Grout Cleaning Basics said...

Hi, I’m a new blogger. You can find my site at www.groutcleaningdiy.com. Your site is closely related to mine; I thought it would be beneficial for both of us to do a blogroll link exchange. Please let me know if you’re interested.
Thanks,
Charity