Thursday, February 15, 2007

Flylady

Well, I have decided to become a FlyLady again. I have not been able to clean the way I had hoped to because of a lack of motivation and direction. I am afraid I will lose my neat-freak inclinations and give in to my slobbishness if I don't do something quick to get going in the right direction.

Flylady.com is a website that offers to help you take baby-steps to a more in-control lifestyle. I joined once before, a few years ago. The first task is to clean your sink so it is shiny and free of dishes. Supposedly this gives you a sense of accomplishment whenever you walk into your kitchen. I can testify that it does feel good if you make an honest effort to clean it, with the steps they suggest (polishing it and everything!). The only problem I had last time was I got a lot of emails and this is difficult if you are not a stay-at-home person! I am gonna try it again, though, in good faith.

If you are in need of a good program that has been utilized by many and has hundreds of fans, try it out and see if it works for you. It can't hurt and at the least you will have a clean kitchen sink!

Digg!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes the emails freaked me out too - so i also thought i could do it alone but i'm at the same point as you were and am going back with amessy house and 1 sink clean ( i have a double sink and no shoes on !!) Howdid you go/

Anonymous said...

I check the reminder emails once or twice a day. My shoes are on and my sink is shiny. There is a load of towels in my washing machine, my bed is made and this morning I taught a weekly Bible study class at my church. Thank you Fly Lady!