Saturday, February 3, 2007

Don't wait

Well I have been planning on boycotting the whole house-cleaning thing until my messy room mate finally moves out, but I can see that may actually take longer than I planned. My room mate's house closing is coming up but now she is planning on cleaning and refurbishing it a bit before she moves in.

I wanted to wait until she moved out completely before I started addressing the mess that this house is in. This is probably due to my perfectionist tendencies- it is all or nothing with anything I do. I either plan to do it perfectly or I don't do it at all. And I mean, if I don't have time to clean the over down to getting tooth picks into all the possible crevices, I don't bother cleaning it at all. This does not lead to good housekeeping and so that is the reason I am making this my newest tip: do not put off cleaning until you can do it 'right'. You will be much better off with cleaning and organizing, and life in general, if you do things now instead of planning on doing things at a later day. Don't wait until Monday morning to start that new diet. Do it now. Don't say you will take a walk later in the day, do it now. Otherwise it is all just excuses.

No comments: