Monday, February 19, 2007

FlyLady.net Update

Well like I had mentioned previously, I joined Fly Lady again and this time things are going really well. I am learning to just ignore and delete the mail I get from the system. That is really the only way to do it or you will find yourself getting really overwhelmed and panickey! So anyway I am on my 4th day and things are going slowly but I feel an odd, new sense of accomplishment and serenity over the state of affairs in my house. I have started to realize that things will get done slowly but surely and that is the best I can do. Also, previously I always thought cleaning will take a whole day or a weekend and then it will be done, but what I am learning from FlyLady is you need to learn small routines in order to keep things clean and not need to devote so much time like days or whole weekends to cleaning. No wonder I never get it done but the perfectionist in me doesn't know how to get it done any other way but top to bottom for as long as it takes! bad idea!

I have only shined my sink, practised getting fully done in the morning down to my shoes, and read emails so far. Today I have to go get some Post-It notes and leave reminders for myself about the tasks I have done so far. Yay for tiny tasks!

Digg!

No comments: