Saturday, February 3, 2007

Cleaning Trim

With my most recent cleaning tip in mind (don't put off cleaning!), I decided next weekend I am going to paint the trim in my living room. When we had painters come in and paint the downstairs last summer, they painted all the trim around the floor and windows and doorways the same color as the walls. Blech! What a visual nightmare! It all looks so off-white and drab! So anyway I am gonna paint them white.

Now, I know I will have to dust and vacuum all the trim but I was wondering if I could also sponge-clean the trim. The dog's poopie pads are in one corner and sometimes it has splattered. My room mate doesn't clean up after this even though it is her own dogs! So I definetly want to sanitize the trim with something. I wasn't sure what was safe to use on wall paint so I googled it. There really wasn't much information out there as to how to clean wall trim specifically, so I just looked up how to clean walls. I found a pretty good article. I was a little confused cause it said to clean woodwork (with a picture of trim) with some oil based cleaners. But since my trim is painted now, I think it would be okay.

So my plan is to dust, vaccuum, and lightly clean the trim with a sponge and the mixture described in the article above all next Saturday (a week from today). On Sunday I will go get the paint and paint the trim. Then it will look a lot neater and nicer in my living room!

You may ask why I am 'waiting' until next weekend to do it but this weekend there is too much stuff in the living room as my sister packs and also, Super Bowl is tommorrow and we have been invited to a party.

No comments: