Friday, February 2, 2007

My Experiences Cleaning Radiators


I have radiators all over my house that looks exactly like the picture above. It is so hard to clean. Before I moved in, it probably hadn't been cleaned thoroughly (beyond dusting and cursory vacuuming) in many years. I wound up having to spray paint some of them because there was no way to clean them without ruining the beautiful hardwood floors underneath.

In my bathroom, however, I went to town! I used an old electric toothbrush to do most of the work for me. I used rags to get in between the rungs. Finally I turned my handheld shower on it and flooded the bathroom! It was worth the trouble though, cause it looked so much more clean and sanitary in the end.

When my room mate leaves, I will be attempting to clean it again.
I am really tempted to try and strip the layers of paint off of it
somehow. I would love it to be a metallic color instead of dingy
white. I love metallics, but that is for another time. I'd like to go for
this look to the right but I am not sure if it is safe to use paint thinner on a radiator that heats up! Maybe this Spring when I don't plan on using the heat for a while I can finally do it. I will have to do more research into the process.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've already downloaded the sdk and have everything set up, I've made some simple apps from a few limited helloworld tutorials, but I really want to get serious with this and I really don't know where to look for good lessons in iPhone dev. Any help at all is appreciated, and iPhone developers, where did you get started? Thanks!



________________
[url=http://unlockiphone22.com]unlock iphone[/url]